Saturday 16 April 2011

Exclusive Laura Warwick interview + live video

Laura Warwick, singer-songwirter from Herne Bay is about to release her new single, Losing you, as well as the chance for other musicians to get involved in her new project.

I met with Laura a few days ago to chat about the single and how things were going.

What is Losing you about?

Laura - It was written in the early stages of what turned out to be a pretty nasty break up. It was the first time I've really used writing as a kind of therapy, writing about stuff in my life as it happens as opposed to stuff that has happened to me in the past. For the first time my raw emotions, the shock, the loss, the confusion were all captured. As my producer put it: 'It's raw feeling at it's best!'

How are the collaborations going?

They are going really well but I was hoping to have launched the Losing You project by now.

What is the Losing You project?

I'm giving producers, songwriters, singers, instrumentalists, DJs, pretty much anyone remotely musically inclined the chance to remix and rework the song into their own 'version', either as a remix, an edit or a duet. Unfortunately there's been a few delays and I haven't had the dry original vocals back from my producer yet. So I've pushed the idea 'behind the scenes' before the official launch. Every one of the people that I've collaborated with recently wants to do their own version, and a couple of new people have approached me too. I'm even doing a duet with an old work colleague, and an old school friend!

How and where do you write your music?

If I'm making my own music, I can sit for hours just tinkering on my keyboard in my studio! If it's lyric writing, I'll sit somewhere quiet with the backing track, play it over a few times and see what ideas I come up with. I've written songs on the train, in bed, and my new favourite place is at the bottom of my garden. That gets a bit rubbish when it's raining though.

If anyone is interested in getting involved in Laura's Losing You project then email her at losingyou@laurawarwickmusic.com.

Losing You live - Laura Warwick


No comments:

Post a Comment